Dr. Arif Mahmood is a general pulmonologist and intensivist. After graduating from medical school at the Medical College of Georgia in Athens, GA, he completed his Internal Medicine and Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine training at Wake Forest University
in Winston-Salem, NC. He is board certified in Internal Medicine.
His clinical interests include the early diagnosis of lung cancer, bronchoscopy, asthma management and critical care medicine.
Dr. Mahmood is dedicated to cultivating strong relationships with patients and aims to provide compassionate, patient-centered care.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Mahmood enjoys traveling, hiking, baking, and rooting for the Georgia Bulldogs.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia - Augusta University/University of Georgia Medical Partnership, Athens, Georgia
- Fellowship, Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Residency Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Certifications & Affiliations
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Board Eligible, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. S. Arif Mahmood's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory