Dr. Egea is board certified in internal medicine. He completed his pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and prior to that he took part in a research fellowship in pulmonary and critical care at Brigham and Women’s Hospital through Harvard Medical School. Dr. Egea is originally from Barranquilla, Colombia, where he completed medical school at the Universidad del Norte. He is a member of the American Thoracic Society, where he serves as part of the early working group committee and social media committee in the Mycobacterium Tuberculosis and Pulmonary Infections subassembly. His clinical interests include interstitial lung diseases and bronchoscopy.
In his free time Dr. Egea enjoys spending time with his wife Silvana, and their two daughters.
Dr. Egea practices out of our Alpharetta location.
Education and Training
- Medical Education, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Presbytarian, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Emory University
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Member, International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Northside Hospital